Continuously improve quality and reduce waste with an effective Quality Management System.
Today’s customers demand products of better quality, produced at lower prices, and delivered in record time. Meeting the quality demands of customers presents a significant challenge, particularly to small and medium-sized companies with limited resources.
The Indiana MEP can assist with quality improvement, including Quality Management Systems (QMS) and/or Environmental Management Systems (EMS) that meet ISO 9001, AS 9100 or ISO/TS 16949 requirements, in addition to ISO 14001 22000, 50001, and ISO 13485 specific services. We have expertise in analyzing quality issues and developing quality management strategies within the manufacturing/business process. We can apply a variety of process improvement methods to suit your company’s quality needs – whether internally driven or externally mandated.
Our quality-focused programs include:
- Gap Analysis — This comprehensive assessment reviews all Level 1 & 2 documentation (Policy Manual and Procedures) to determine conformance to ISO 9001:2000, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 14001, or ISO 13485 requirements, the effectiveness of any implementation efforts, and potential improvements. This review requires one or two days, depending on the size and complexity of the organization and the specified Standard.
- Implementation/Transition Assistance — Qualified credentialed experts work at your location to train and guide all implementation activities to ensure a full understanding of IS0 9001, AS 9100, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 14001, or ISO 13485 requirements. We work with you to provide cost-effective applications while maximizing the benefits.
- Internal Auditor Training — This program provides classroom and hands-on experience that includes conducting actual practice audits. Topics include an overview of the appropriate Standard, process auditing techniques, and audit reporting. Training is offered in IS0 9001, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 14001, or ISO 13485.
- On-site Internal Audit Service – ASQ- and RAB-certified auditors will perform regular audits, review findings, and document the results for you. These audits are designed to show conformance, judge effectiveness, and help find improvement that will increase your productivity and profitability.
Additional Public Workshops
- Root Cause Analysis - Root cause analysis is one of the essential problem solving steps. Root cause is the fundamental, underlying reason for a problem. This course allows you to identify the cause of a problem, solve it, and prevent it from occurring again. This saves your organization time, money, and resources. Although RCA is most frequently associated with quality-related problems, progressive organizations use it for the investigation and resolution of practically all mechanical failures and human errors. Today, Root Cause Analysis is used for identifying "root causes" and designing preventative strategies for problems ranging from quality issues to workplace injuries or death.
- Risk Management - Risk management is a process to identify, assess, reduce, accept and control risks in a systematic, proactive, comprehensive and cost effective manner. The process runs throughout the company’s business, is led by top management, and is embedded into corporate culture. A risk management plan includes policy statement; definitions; scope; responsibilities and authorities; objectives, targets, and programs; review and assessments; and risk procedure. Risk management tools are: Process Mapping, Failure mode effect analysis (FMEA), Brainstorming, Matrix, Fishbone diagram & Decision tree.
"We hired Rick Ring from Purdue MEP to train our replacement AS9100 auditors. He was a great help and has a presentation style that makes the students comfortable with learning. Our external Auditor has been quite complimentary of the completeness and depth of our audits since we completed the training with Purdue."
Corey T. Halgren, Director, Quality Management, Mitchel & Scott Machine Company
"Our certification to the ISO standard was greatly facilitated by Purdue’s technical assistance program (TAP). The competent skills and professional leadership demonstrated by Rick Ring of that office while structuring and organizing our efforts could not have been better. I would highly recommend their services."
- Bob Whitted, Quality Manager, Noble Industries